SPUTNIK NEWS 13-06-2021
08:05 GMT 13.06.2021
03:23 GMT 13.06.2021
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – The White House expects that the upcoming summit between US President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin will present an opportunity for the US leader to deliver “a strong message” to Moscow, NBC reports.
- 08:05 GMT 13.06.2021Putin Says Meeting With Biden Won’t be in Vain if Russia and US Set Up Mechanisms for InteractionEvgeny Mikhaylov
- 07:34 GMT 13.06.2021Biden Expresses Support for Tokyo’s Plan to Hold Safe Olympic GamesMOSCOW (Sputnik) – US President Joe Biden has met with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga on the sidelines of the G7 summit, during which he reiterated his support for this summer’s Tokyo Olympic Games, the White House said.
- 07:23 GMT 13.06.2021Japan to Launch Antitrust Investigation Into Google, Apple Activities, Reports SayTOKYO (Sputnik) – The Japanese government will probe the activities of US tech giants, Apple and Google, amid alleged antitrust violations, the Nikkei newspaper reported.
- 06:47 GMT 13.06.2021Tehran Blasts Ex-Mossad Chief for ‘Threatening Iranian Nuclear Scientists’Evgeny MikhaylovThe former spymaster previously said that Israel is ready to eliminate individuals who “constitute a capability that endangers the citizens of Israel”.
- 06:40 GMT 13.06.2021‘Unsound’: India Slams Report Claiming Country’s ‘True’ COVID Death Toll is Up to Seven Times HigherDeexa KhanduriThe Economist reported on Saturday that India’s COVID-19 death toll could be more than two million. As of Sunday, according to Indian government data, the country’s fatalities stand at 370,407.
- 06:16 GMT 13.06.2021Sausage Wars: Johnson Reportedly Infuriated After Macron Suggests Northern Ireland is Not Part of UKMax GorbachevThe two officials held negotiations in England, which is hosting the G7 summit. Although the meeting was primarily focused on the coronavirus pandemic, economic recovery, and climate change, the leaders also discussed the implementation of the Northern Ireland Protocol, a provision of the Brexit deal.
- 05:40 GMT 13.06.2021UK Queen Reportedly Ditches ‘Never Complain, Never Explain’ Policy to Stop ‘Mistruths’ About RoyalsZara MuradyanDuring the bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, said she could not be expected to remain silent about her experiences of palace life if the Royal Family was “perpetuating falsehoods” about her and Prince Harry.
- 05:33 GMT 13.06.2021China on G7: Days When Global Decisions Were Dictated by a Small Group of Countries Are Long GoneEvgeny MikhaylovHeads of states and governments from the G7 countries have gathered for a three-day in-person summit in the county of Cornwall in the United Kingdom to address global challenges, international issues, and “shared foreign policy priorities such as China and Russia”.
- 05:09 GMT 13.06.2021Eleven Reported Dead After Gas Explosion in Hubei Province, China – Photos, VideoBEIJING (Sputnik) – At least 11 people were killed and over 140 were injured in a gas explosion in the Chinese province of Hubei, China Central Television reports.
- 04:42 GMT 13.06.2021As Israel Readies to Swear in New Government, Conservative Activist Thinks Coalition Won’t Last LongElizabeth BladeA hawkish Naftali Bennett will find it hard to come to terms with the liberal Yair Lapid. He will also struggle to regain the backing of his former supporters, who became disenchanted with the chief of the party Yamina after he chose to join a coalition that relies on an Islamic faction.
- 04:33 GMT 13.06.2021Live Updates: WHO Does Not Rule Out COVID-19 Pandemic May Have Been Caused by Lab LeakAccording to Johns Hopkins University, at least 175.5 million people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 so far, while the death toll from the pandemic has surpassed 3.79 million.
- 04:00 GMT 13.06.2021‘Lab Leak’: Why US & EU Shoot Themselves in Foot by Stirring Anti-China Stunt Amid Soaring InflationEkaterina BlinovaUS President Joe Biden’s decision to launch a 90-day investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic and revisit the theory of a potential leak from China’s Wuhan Institute for Virology has raised many eyebrows in the People’s Republic, says Beijing-based commentator Thomas W. Pauken II.
- 02:56 GMT 13.06.2021Belarusian Foreign Minister Calls on EU Representatives to Avoid UltimatumsMINSK (Sputnik) – Belarusian Foreign Minister Vladimir Makei has called on EU representatives in Belarus to avoid ultimatums and to be more diplomatic in seeking solutions to the existing problems.